Built in 1860
Demolished in 1928
This building was originally the campus washhouse, and was greatly expanded in 1860 into a two-story brick residence for the college Janitor and his family. During the Civil War, John Hopkins (a free black man) and his family lived in this house. They filed a claim for damages done to the property during the Battle of Gettysburg. The janitor's house stood until 1928 when it was removed to make more room on campus.