85 West Stevens Street
Built in 1939
Located at 85 West Stevens Street, this small brick building houses the college's Office of Financial Aid. It was built in 1939 to be the college bookstore. When the College Union Building was constructed in the late 1950s, the Civil War Institute moved into the house. Later, the building housed Gettysburg College's Classics Department.
For an earlier history of this property, see the Hollebaugh Building page, and the Henry Clay House page.
Timeline of Ownership
1. Heirs of Henry Clay, June 20, 1938
2. Gettysburg College, September 30, 1938