Rice Hall

Built in 1956-1957

Brief History
Named for Gettysburg College graduate and United States Ambassador John S. Rice, this dormitory was completed and ready for use by September of 1957. It was formally named in honor of Rice on April 8, 1961, "during a dinner in his honor as he was leaving to take up new duties as United States ambassador to the Netherlands." 

See sources
Collapse sources
Dr. Charles H. Glatfelter, A Salutary Influence, p. 839.